Production of Issaran field depends mainly on thermal recovery from heavy oil-bearing shallow formations within 1000’-2000’ depth. Thermal recovery technique at Issaran field depends on generating steam by steam generators, of 23k bbl. steam total capacity, located at different areas and steam network deliver steam to most of wells at Issaran field, injection mechanisms including cyclic steam and SAGD, Production of Issaran field in 2019-2020 was around 2300 bbl. oil equivalent per day produced from 150 wells. Most of the production is coming from the southern part of the field as well as central area includes block G which shows intensive development plan in 2021.
Issaran field facilities showed significant upgrading plan in 2010 to support future development plans, this resulted in significantly improve of integrity and capacity available, allowing safe and efficient operations at many areas as follow:-
· 4 CPF stations, 2 Trains per CPF, each train capable of managing 2500 barrel of oil and 12500 barrel of water per day adding to many other tanks of 1000 bbl. capacity. Production handling capacity >20,000 bbl. of oil per day.
· 4 terminals for custody transfer to GPC, 2 in service and 2 spares.
· 13 Steamers of 23,000 bbl. of steam per day total capacity
· 2 Water Disposal Wells handling 14,000 bbl. water per day.
· Natural Gas Pressure Reduction Station PRS of 20k m3/hr.
· Diesel fuel station consists of 3 tanks of 200k liter total capacity.
· Power Station consists of 4 Sets of natural gas generators of 2.7 MW total capacity.
· Water supply of 3k M Cub capacity with pump station and water network to south and Central areas.
· Chemistry lab, core house & warehouse.
· First Aids and firefighting yard.
· Heavy equipment yard.